Keep your pet’s vaccination up to date. Vaccinations are effective for either one or three years, depending on the vaccine used by your veterinarian. In Ontario, vaccination of all cats and dogs three month of age and older is required by law. There is a fine for non-compliance.
- Keep your pet on a leash when off your property.
- DO NOT handle or come in to contact with wild or unfamiliar animals and teach your children to do so as well.
- Do not attempt to relocate any wild animals.
- Use a shovel and protective gloves if you need to dispose of a dead animal.
- Report any sick or dying animal to an animal control agency but do not touch the animal.
- Report all animal exposures to the Health Department
Click here for more info…