There are many scholarships, bursaries and awards available in Ontario. Below are some helpful websites that may help you find a scholarship. Some scholarships are automatically given by a particular university based on academic standing while others require an application.
The following scholarships are primarily available to high school students from Ontario, Canada, applying to first-year university. By clicking on the link you will see them arranged by application deadline…
or by monetary value…
Some other helpful websites are…
- You can create an account and use the following website to find awards, scholarships and bursaries directly applicable to you.
- You can input your profile and be matched to scholarships in this database.
- Estimate how much money you will be eligible for through OSAP.
- Use Aeroplan, CIBC or TD Points from the Travel Rewards Program to help pay for your education.
- Various listings of College, University and Institutional Scholarships sorted by various headings.
- Created by students for students. Their goal is to help all Canadian students find external scholarships in Canada.
- The “do something” website has a particular emphasis on social justice and related causes, as opposed to academics.
- Government of Canada Student Financial Assistance homepage. https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/student-financial-aid.html
- Bursary for students with disabilities.
- Read through the scholarship book found in student services (available October 3, 2019)
- Read through the list of awards documented below. These are awards specific to Corpus Christi Catholic Secondary School. You can also refer to the awards, scholarships and bursaries binder located in Student Services.
Recognizing that academic performance is not the only indicator of future value to the community, a group of dedicated volunteers set out to find and support young Canadians who demonstrate character, service and leadership potential. The Loran Award is not a reward for past achievements, but an investment in a young person’s potential future path of high impact. Our scholars pursue careers in a wide range of areas, readily take on greater responsibilities and share a lifelong commitment to leading with integrity.
Offered in full partnership with 25 Canadian universities, a Loran Award is valued at approximately $100,000 over four years of undergraduate study:
A total of three students can be sponsored by the school. Students who are not sponsored can still apply through the direct pool. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have read the Loran Eligibility requirements. http://www.loranscholar.ca/becoming-a-scholar/#eligibility
Please fill in this form and hand in no later than Monday September 30, 2019 to be considered for school sponsorship.
- September 30, 2019 Nomination forms due to the Guidance Department.
- October 17, 2019 Deadline for all sponsored applications to be submitted, including the reference form and school sponsorship confirmation.
- October 24, 2019 Deadline for all direct pool applications, including the reference form.
Schulich Leader Scholarships
This is a prestigious entrance scholarship awarded to high school graduates enrolling in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) programs in one of 20 Canadian partner universities.
50 scholarships awarded annually
25 at $100 000 for engineering
25 at $80 000 for science, technology or mathematics
Student eligibility requirements
- Must be a high school student graduating in the 2019/2020 academic year
- Be a Canadian or permanent resident
- Be entrepreneurial-minded and plan to enroll in an eligible STEM program at one of their partner universities
- Meet at least two of the following criteria
- Academic excellence
- Leadership (entrepreneurial or community)
- Financial need
- Not planning a career as a medical practitioner or researcher (doctor, nurse, dentist, psychologist, pharmacist, optometrist, etc.
This is limited to one student.
To apply, submit to student services by December 20,2019 and include…
- University you wish to attend
- Top three achievements (academic or other) – 50 words maximum per achievement
- Essay demonstrating why you should win – 600 words maximum
- Optional essay to outline extenuating circumstances – 250 words maximum
- Short answer to identify where you see yourself in 10 years – 50 words maximum
- Two single-page letters of reference that include email and telephone contact information for verification
Terry Fox Humanitarian Award
One of Canada’s most established and prestigious awards. More information to come in November.
Horatio Algar Association of Canada Scholarships
The Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarship program is offering up to $10,000 for post-secondary studies. Applications are due by October 25 2019.
Check out the link for frequently asked questions on eligibility.
List of Horatio Algar Association of Canada Scholarships
TD scholarships are awarded to students across Canada who help support change, nurture progress and contribute to making the world a better place. Each Scholarship includes four years of tuition at any approved university or college in Canada, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year. Eligibility requirements and applications can be found at td.com/scholarships
Application and essay are due no later than November 15th, 2019
Queens University Chancellor Scholarship
Students interested in applying for the Queens Chancellor Scholarship and plan on attending Queens are asked to please submit the completed application (link) to Student Services by Friday Nov 1st . This Scholarship does require a school nomination. For more information about the scholarship please visit http://www.queensu.ca/studentawards/financial-assistance/admission-scholarships-bursaries-and-awards/major-admission-awards