University Application Information and Procedures
You will receive your Application Access Code Letter from your Counsellor at the University Application Information Assembly. This letter contains the access codes that you will need to begin the application. Your access codes should not be shared with anyone. The OUAC cannot provide access codes over the telephone or by email. The deadline for Ontario secondary school students to submit completed applications to the OUAC is January 16, 2019 (11:59 pm ET).
Summary of Fees
All fees are listed in Canadian dollars.
Base Application Fee: $150
For the initial three university/program choices.
Additional Choice Fee: $50/choice
For each university/program choice beyond the initial three (e.g., if two additional university choices are added, you must pay $100 in addition to the base application fee).
Note: You may apply to as many Ontario universities/programs as you wish; however, you are limited to a maximum of 3 program choices at any one university (including its affiliates). Some universities may further limit the number of programs you can apply to.
101 How to Apply
Step 1: Research Your University Selections
- Check out university publications and university websites.
- Visit eINFO and the 101 application to browse programs online.
- Record your program choices and their OUAC codes.
- Make note of all admission requirements and program-specific deadlines.
- Review the 101 Application Guide.
- Attend the Ontario Universities’ Fair (OUF) and/or the University Information Program (UIP).
Step 2: Gather Information Needed to Apply
- In October/November your high school will distribute Application Access Code letters that contain the information required to apply online:
- School Number
- Student Number
- Temporary PIN
- Narrow down your university program selections by talking to your parents, teachers and guidance counsellors about your interests and options.
- Watch the instructional video on how to apply online.
- Review the 101 Important Dates.
Step 3: Apply
- Use the information in your Application Access Code Letter to log in to your online application. Note: The first time you log in you must change your temporary PIN to a personal password. Use your password (instead of your PIN) the next time you log in.
- Complete all sections of the application.
- Review your program selections before clicking “I Verify and Agree”.
- Submit your application, with payment, well before the 101 application deadline and any university program-specific deadlines.
- Record the OUAC Reference Number you receive and keep it in a safe place. You will require this number, along with your password, for future access to your application, and to respond to university offers of admission.
Step 4: After Applying
- After one business day, log in to your online application to verify the details. Review and make any necessary changes.
- Ensure spam filters are set to accept email from the OUAC and the universities you applied to. Email is the primary mode of communication for the universities and the OUAC.
- The universities will acknowledge that they received your application.
- After you receive your report card, log in to verify your grades information. Notify your guidance office of any necessary corrections.
- Visit a university. University open houses and campus visits are great ways to experience first-hand what campus life is like and help you decide which university is the best fit for you.
- Expect to receive either an offer of admission or a refusal from the universities you applied to by the end of May. Review the 101 Important Dates.